Saturday, May 4, 2013

Do you ever feel Like ?

 
 
Do you ever feel like a lifetime is crammed into a whole week ?
 
Well It sure feels that way for me this week and I don't know why ..I haven't had any more to do than normal ..nothing extra or out of the normal happened this week, but it's felt like this week crawled by at a snail's pace and that a whole lot of everything got crammed into it.

One Fun thing that got crammed into this week that I hadn't planned on was a little gift to myself. Something I have wanted for a very long time but wouldn't splurge on .. as I don't often shop for myself. I'm a pretty simple gal and have always required very little. But this week I dove in head first and made a purchase ...

 
 
This Beautiful Cannon Rebel Camera.
 
 
 I have wanted to upgrade from my point and shoot camera for a few years now. But between cost and lack of knowledge on how to run one of these DSLR camera's I kept going to Costco or Sam's Club for groceries and staring at them as I walked by even stopping to pick them up and look them over and read the tags on them .. and then continued on with my shopping.

So this week as I headed into Sam's Club for my groceries .. I saw that this sweet camera was on Sale .. reduced by $100-  .. that along with the fact it came in a bundle pack with a nice large memory card an extra lens, carry case, etc. I was instantly Sold.

Now I still lack the knowledge of how to run this camera ...but that's going to all fade away over the next month as I enrolled in a couple classes that are going to teach me how to use this camera to a tee and I can't wait ..because I want to take some of those fabulous up close photographs I see here on the net ..but that my little point and shoot just wouldn't produce. Don't get me wrong my point and shoot has been awesome .. I have had it for 5 years and it's a bit clunky in size compared to the new slim line style P&S's today ..but it's taken a lot of great picts for me and has been durable and lasted a long time. I'll still be using it while I'm learning how to use the Rebel.

I have always loved photography ..in fact I took a class way back in high school for it but became ill and ended up spending my last few years of HS .. in home study so I didn't get to complete those classes ..and didn't pursue it any further after that ..so now I look forward to being able to do so all theses years later.

I'll let you all know how my classes go .. and I can't wait to start shooting some beautiful photo's and sharing them here on the blog with you all.


Come Join me tomorrow for ~N~ the Kitchen with Sweet Magnolias Farm...
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. You'll love your new camera, Sara. I have a T2i and it's super easy to use. I just wish I'd had a cameral class to attend. I sort of muddle thru, but the rebels are great for close ups and low light photography. Besides you'll love being able to photograph your products for sale. It will make a huge difference. Have fun!!! Don't you wish you were in Missouri right now. It's been snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love going to a DSLR! Can't wait to see the beautiful pictures that you create behind the lens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara you will love your new camera! I have 3 canons and use them all. A DSLR, a small powershot that fits into my purse or pocket and a larger Canon powershot SX40 with a great zoom! They are all useful and I love them all, but my DSLR takes the best pics EVER! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you!! Can't wait to see your photos. Oh, I love my pens!!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! You'll enjoy your new camera every so much, Sara. Nice purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara,
    How wonderful that you got a DSLR. I am anxious to see how this goes for you as I want to trade in my Cannon Sure Shot and get a DSLR. I have just been so intimidated by DSLR. I will be curious to see how easy yours is to learn. I bet it will take the best pictures. Good luck.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will LOVE it! I too have a Rebel. I have taught myself what I can do with it but would LOVE to take a class to learn more. Can't wait to see your beautiful photos. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara, I have a Canon and my family does too. Theirs is fancier then mom's, but I am learning to do what I want to do with mine that is main thing. I know you will love your new camera. It will become easier the more you work with it. Have a great day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photography is addictive! You will love it! I've still got lots to learn, but it's been a fun journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm