Sunday, August 2, 2009

Faltering Firm Faith

Hello to all my friends...It's been a while since I last posted ...No I didn't quit and nothing bad has happened ...

Actually I have been putting my words of faith into action and taking the lessons the Lord has been teaching me seriously and I have been "Resting," "Seriously Resting."

I can't believe how tired my body has been. Since I finally gave in and did what the Lord has been asking all along.....through this Rest he has surely blessed me.

Each day I awake I am so thankful ! I try my best to learn something about myself and some days it's as simple as continuting to learn to keep on having faith, no matter what my mind tells me.

Last week while resting I was watching one of those History Shows on Egypt and a few things they said got me to wondering about Egypt and biblical times.

Well I began reading the book of Exodus in my bible to find out a bit more about Egypt B.C. and in searching out some answers to some of my questions, I not only got another History Lesson, but God helped me to see that not only I but all of us are much like Moses. It's strange how we look for one thing and find another...God is always at work to teach us if we only open our eyes our hearts and our minds.

Thus my titles today "Faltering Firm Faith"

Three words that adequately describe us all from day to day. We all falter at moments and we all stand firm at moments in our Faith. Moses had these same experiences.

Exodus 3:7-10
7 And the LORD said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. 8 So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel has come to Me, and I have also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.”

First of all Moses was called by God to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.
WOW what an honor we would all think to be called by God for such an awesome Job. I think this corrolates in our every day life when we look around at other people in life and think what awesome jobs they have and wish we had that position. But the reality is the majority of us once appointed such a position of importance would feel the enormous pressures that go along with it and feelings of fear and inadequacy would begin to trickle in and that Firm belief we could do the job would begin to Falter and our Faith would begin to diminish...."Just Like Moses"

Exodus 4:10-16
10 Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” 11 So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD? 12 Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.” 13 But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.” 14 So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Lemvite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. 15 Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do. 16 So he shall be your spokesman to the people. And he himself shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be to him as God.

In the beginning God Called Moses to to go Pharoh and speak to him ..but Moses believed himself incapable, not having faith that God knew best. Hew went as far as to make God Angry and finally God had to use his brother Aaron to help Moses. With Aaron Moses proceeded in Gods Calling.

I realized we all have that bit of Moses in us that just doesn't quite listen to God completely. We want his help, but on our own terms. Just like Moses we continually question "What if this or What if that?"

Exodus 3:11
11And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

Exodus 4:1
1 Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The LORD has not appeared to you.’”

Sometimes our Faith goes only as far as our own minds can concieve things to be. But we should be living by faith and believing that Gods Way is Truly the Best Way ! When we Falter we should immediately remember that our faith should be firmly place in him. Look at all God did for the Israelites in order to release them from slavery. Look how many plagues he brought upon Pharoh and the Egyptians....to not only prove that he was God but to also prove he was faithful in his promise to them.

Just taking this one instance of many from the Bible... and realizing God is Faithful to us. How much more do we want before we stop questioning his faithfullness for each of our lives !

I think it's all a matter of growing closer to God. Each day we add more of him and less of "Me and I " and eventually our minds and hearts will be firmly resting in his promises. Oh not to say there won't be bumps in the road...when we falter ever so often...but as we grow closer we will have a firmer foundation in Christ and I think the bumps will be there but our strength to endure and overcome them will be greater because our Trust and Faith in him will be greater.

One of my favorite scriptures that sums it all up...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean Not on your own understanding
But acknowledge him in all your ways
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5

Remember there will be times we falter in our faith ( we are human) But what is important is that we acknowledge these moments to God and ask for his strength ..that we may stand firm in his promises.

Are you Faltering or Standing Firm today ?

Wherever you are at...God is there with you ..He's made that Promise to each of us.

Hebrews 3:5 says:
Never will I leave you
Never will I forsake you

If you are struggling today or of late and you have walked away from God...or your struggling in your walk with him, Know this God is always there waiting for you to ask for his help. He's not a Pushy God, He's waiting on you. Knock on God's door today, he's always Home ready to welcome in his children and bind up their wounds. All you need do is just start talking to him.

If you want to grow in Gods word more or would like to accept him as your saviour and begin living for him ...then I would like to recommend a wonderful place to learn more about God ...the Bible...and begin anew in him. Please Visit the site of Pastor Dr. Jeremiah out of El Cajon, CA. He is a True man after God's heart and he is a Beautiful Bible teacher. You can watch his sermons online...purchase CD's and books. And if you are local to his church why not take the time to visit and make it your new church home.

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you my Friends...

Your Kindred Friend ...Sara


( I took this shot ...of the ocean while on vacation ...I loved the beauty of the white wash ..and just wanted to share it with you)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes our Faith goes only as far as our own minds can concieve things to be.
    Hey Sara,
    God's been speaking FAITH to me today as well. This past week, circumstances became my focus.
    My feelings became my focus.
    Your post, reminds me where to LOOK.
    thanks SISTERSARA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm