Thursday, January 3, 2013

To Everything there is a Season and a Purpose..

 
 
 
 
To Everything there is a Season and Purpose under the heaven ...
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Each New year has it's Seasons and it's purposes ...and we enter into 2013 ready to spread our wings and fly ..

****************

Happy New Year to all of our dear Friends, Family and Followers !!! A new Season of life with it's many purposes are once again before us as we start a fresh New Year and enter into it with thanksgiving.

2012 was an overall Good Year for us or should I say an excellent year for us ..full of Gods amazing Grace and Abounding Blessing which we are so very Thankful for. It had it's many ups and it's downs and through it all he never left our sides.

And now that we have entered 2013 I expect no less .. that Gods Grace shall cover us and his blessings and favor be upon us as we endeavor to live each day for him and use the gifts that he has bestowed on us for his Glory, through the good times and the bad times just as the years behind us.

New Years are always a bit odd for me.. as everyone talks of the new year and the goals they are setting be it lose weight or save money or take a vacation etc .. my thoughts always return to earlier days of my life when I learned through tough times that Gods infinite wisdom was far wiser to follow than my own and more truth was in it than my own thoughts or plans ...

 
 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Matthew 6:25
 
 

 
 

I have learned over the years to take each day as it comes one at a time...Although in all truth my habit of many years still rears it's ugly head to return to days gone by when I worried about the future constantly .. rather it be tomorrow or next week or even 20 years from now I fretted over what would be ... I still at times get fixated on the future and then I tap myself on the shoulder and remind myself that the road ahead can and will be determined by today .. the choices I make today ..the wisdom I grow in today and the life I live today. Of course there are choices and things we are faced with that require us to think ahead ..that's a natural course of life ..but I believe that living for today just means we are not fixated on the future.



Living for today means we take what comes today ... but it doesn't mean we don't dream and hope and pray for the days that hopefully we are blessed with to come.

This year my dream like so many other's before it ..is to go home ..

No not my heavenly home .. ..but "home" a place I dream of beyond what I call home now. Our home now is not our own ..it's a stopping off ground that we stopped at a lot longer than we ever planned but the Lord has had his reasons and even though it's not the home we would choose to live in or the place we would like to live ..the Lord has blessed us while we have been here. But my dream for a home in the country ... a little house on a hill.. looking over a beautiful spread of land.. Where the crickets can be heard because they haven't been killed by mass extermination .. where the grass grows 3 inches overnight when it rains .. and the wind whispers in your ears like a beautiful country symphony because it hasn't been drowned out by the constant roar of a freeway... Where howdy is a friendly hello ..and neighbors really care for neighbors .. These are just a few of the things I dream for .. and of course I just have to have an old wood porch .. I already have the rocker that goes on it.

So for 2013 Our Dream here at the Farmhouse is for a New Home Sweet Home...

We will still live today for today .. not worrying about tomorrow .. But we will fill our life with the dreams that the Lord can create for us on this journey called Life.

My Sweet Friend Sandra of "Thistle Cove Farm" ..is an amazing Woman. I know it's because of her true dedication to the Lord ... I visit her blog often but not as often as I would like but when I do my soul is uplifted or put to great thought by the wisdom she shares that has come with time, age and experiences that have shaped her life. Sandra has 2 Beautiful Posts on the New Year .. and honestly ..her words read like a good book that you don't want to put down .. they are uplifting and encouraging and may I say so wise ... her first post Titled PDS "Pretty Darn Smart" Pt.1 can be viewed HERE .... Her Second post titled DREAM LARGE or PDS 2 can be viewed HERE ...

Be sure to visit her entire blog ... take time this New Year to be uplifted and encouraged in this Season of your life and Find Purpose for today ... Don't Worry about tomorrow ... But Dream and Pray about the future.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year ..and I pray that all of you may have a blessed New Year ..


 
Photobucket




5 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful 2013 and hoping that your rocking chair will find a porch REAL SOON!
    I will be looking for an other rocking chair that I can bring when I come and visit you. Much Love Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I'm praying that your Home Sweet Home be a reality in 2013! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully put Sara. I'm smiling because I feel I'm standing right beside you ready to find "home". Looking forward to Sweet Magnolia's Farm adventures! xo, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I just found your blog and I am IN LOVE! Happy New Year to you and I am so looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you a wonderful 2013, and you find your special place one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm