Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Presidents Day and My Luck Penny !!!!

I found a lucky Penny Yesterday !!!

About a week ago I received in the mail a little card from my favorite antiquing haunt reminding me of their Presidents Day Sale (which was yesterday) Abbey and I discussed going but never made any definite plans. We are those kind of gals that don't so much make plans but kind of wake up and decide on a whim ..hey lets do this or that.

So as both of us sat in our living room early yesterday morning groggy eyed ..wrapped in blankets and staring at one another ..I decided I wanted to go. We hit the floor running and Dad went along for the fun as he always does ..and drove our little hearts out to make it just a wee bit early so we could hopefully be near the front of the line in getting in. Sure enough we were the second in line.

We happened upon some acquaintances of ours and were chatting waiting for the shop to open ..when I spotted a penny on the ground ..Dad said to me ..'It's your lucky Penny for today" ..I laughed it off and chuckled and didn't give it much more of a thought.



This is the outside of the Shop we go to ..they really have made it cute ..a sister and Brother own this place ..and their mom and dad help out too ..it's the best place to go ..they are the kindest place I can say I have honestly been ..always perky and happy and so very pleasant...


This Car was for sale yesterday for 11,000 ...can you believe it ..what a find ...I would love to have a car like this to bop around in on the weekends ..but I just don't have the extra funds to have that kind of fun ...LOL !!!



The doors opened and Abbs went one way and I the other ..as this is a pretty big place. I found a few things right off ..and then I hit on something I was so excite about ..a White Mountain Junior Ice Cream Freezer ..that may not mean much to many of you ..but it did me ..these are the tiny Freezers and hold merely a pint and are quite the collectible...I checked the price and was floored then realizing it was sale day I checked the signs in the shop ..lo and behold 20% off ..it was mine.



My arms were loaded down with all sorts of wonderful finds ..and by the time I checked out ..the hot item at the counter that was trying to be bought by many was my little ice cream freezer... but it was my lucky day !!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



So after we finished up a few hours later literally ....Abbs mentioned a close by old town antique area we haven't been to in years...we decided to make a day of it and head over. We got there and right off I went into a shop and they had vintage clothing ..usually vintage clothing means ...1950's and newer ..but this shop had 2 original prairie dresses and 2 Early petticoats one of flannel ...They are gorgeous and now mine ..because the price was so good I couldn't turn them down..Yippee !!!

We headed to the second level of this shop ...and walked the first aisle then came down the middle aisle ...I was ahead of Abbs a few shops ..(usually am LOL ) and I happened upon 2 shops across the aisle from one another ..it literally looked like a bomb went off and on reflection I can't believe I didn't take picts to share with you !!! Well I chuckled at this mess in awe and walked back to tell Abbs ..wait till you see what's ahead ...she walked up in awe and amazement as I ...and while she was in a stare at it all ..My eye was caught by a clear plastic box on a shelf ..Is that antique lace trims ??? My true down fall I can never have enough of them ..it's a love and a passion I think shall never leave my soul...Indeed I took the box off the shelf and it was loaded ..Abbs jumped in pulling more boxes and will it was the best Booth I had ever seen in my life at that point ...LOL !!!


No prices were posted ...but we kept digging ...finally a man came by that worked there and we asked and prepare ...$1- an item ...he told us. Oh now this space was more magnificent than ever to me ...I think I heard the angels sing ..and I know the light of heaven shone down for a few seconds ...LOL !!!



Well I took pictures to share with you ...and the gentleman that added it up was rather generous in what he thought amounted to a $1- Lets just say ..My "Lucky Penny" was really Lucky yesterday !!!



I did take some picts of our lace this morning as Abbs and I went through it all again ..when we were a bit more focused and not so overcome with excitement.





It doesn't look like alot here ..but there are over 80 card of antique lace trim alone ..not to count all the loose pieces ..those in packages and all the yards upon yards of satin and gros grain ribbons. P.S. Nope the cost wasn't over the 80 cards ..I'm telling you he was very generous !!!




O.k. are these just not gorgeous ...



Look at all this scrumptious vintage ribbon ...this is the nice old stuff that they just don't make anymore !!!





This stack has a few early doll petticoats in it along with some wonderful wide pieces of early eyelet.





The few pieces in this one with the blue flowers, and yellow flowers ..are all inserts for the front of blouses ..I haven't ever had any of these before and think they may be for a project for myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well the day was coming to an end ..and on the way home we planned one more stop and that is to a place called Tai Pan Trading ...it's a wholesale place open to the public and I had some credit money good there from a return I made at Christmas time ..

They sell all new merchandise with lots of florals and housewares ...I thought you might find it of interest ..since they only have 3 or 4 stores in the U.S. and they are all based on the west coast ..Utah and I think just here in CA.



If you like Beach and Ocean Decor they have alot of wonderful pieces !!!





I took this picture just to try and give you an idea of the size of this place ..Christmas was my first time to this place and let me tell you I think it is honestly as big as a football field inside ..maybe bigger ...




They have such wonderful gardening pieces in right now ..I loved so Many !!!





Abbs and I loved this wire mesh cloche with the bird on top ...Isn't it the sweetest !!!




I feel in love with this wire stemmed glass cloche Nest ...I had such great ideas for some altered are inside it ..but it wasn't feasible price wise for me to do that with ..





These are all metal sunflower garden stakes ..the heads are on big springs ..that bounce in the wind ...It would be so fun to have a hole section of the garden with these in it ..very whimsical indeed....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that brings a close to our day ..we made it home after dark and nibbled on left overs from the night before ...It was such a fun day ..and I'll always remember my Lucky Penny !!!

The One God sent me from heaven yesterday to remind me that he loves to bring a smile to his children's face ..by providing the desires of their hearts no matter how small they are .. a bit of lace and I felt like I had won the lottery ..It's amazing how God can turn the smallest things into such amazing Joy in our lives ..and yesterday he did ...he sent me a Penny from heaven ..that Blessed me 10 times over !!! Thank You Lord !







2 comments:

  1. Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful day, and found such beautiful things!! The lace is so gorgeous...
    I loved your last words you posted, and I'll always remember my Lucky Penny!!! The one God sent me from Heaven, etc... brought tears to my eyes, such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That lucky penny went far! I love those "lucky pennies" from heaven. Our Heavenly Father knows when to send them. I always pick up pennies. They make me think of lost souls that most people won't stop for, so I pick up the penny and pray for that lost soul, God knows who it is, even if I don't.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm