Saturday, February 27, 2010

Estate Sales Galore, Magpie... and Spring Blooms ..

Hello chickadees ...boy what a week this has been ..Like a big roller coaster ride ..

In the midst of it all this week ..a girl just has to take some fun time and hit all the Sales she can. It's a great uplifter ..to go treasure tramping ...

In the last month there has just been gobs of estate Sales ..more than I can keep up with ,..and far more than my pocket book can handle ..it's pretty stretched right now ..but gosh when someone tells you a nickel a piece on a stack of vintage linens ..how do pass a deal like that up ...LOL !!! I didn't ..!!! I don't have any pictures of those to share with you ..because I forgot to take a pict before Abbey dumped them into the boil pot to clean them ..to get our vintage linens clean Abbey goes through a very long and daunting process ..to restore them ..so they can be treasured for many more years to come.

I did however get some picts of many of our other finds this week to share with you ....


This morning we headed to an estate sale in wine country ..It was fun because they had alot of new items ..several pieces we got had been purchased at home goods ..and were just perfection ...The Picnic book is just wonderful and has so many great ideas ..Abb and I thought it was perfect timing with spring right around the corner...you can't see it but it's sitting on this Lovely silver compote ...just a dream ..I can't wait to get it cleaned up ..and isn't that little beehive watering can adorable ...it won't be copper colored for very long ...It's getting a makeover this week ..




The two booklets above are ever so sweet ..we found these at a great estate sale that we went to yesterday ...Oh was it fun ..lots of fun little hardwware finds along with an antique trunk ..I've yet to pull from the truck as it's been raining here.








O.k. these Mirrored Pedestals with floral etching are just divine ...I snatched these up the minute I saw them ...they are just a bit dusty and need a good cleaning and that's it ..such a fun find !!!



O.k. I have to admit Abbey and I have a real thing for Jars ..She started collecting Canning jars years ago ..then apothecary ..and now we love these wide mouth candy style jars ..they are perfect for keeping collections of feathers, string, ribbon, buttons, cookie cutters, birds nests and so much more in ...




Isn't this pedestal mirror so sweet ..it's all stamped tin ...and wire ...Just a little dusting and this charmer will be ready to go.





This reproduction Toliet Water bottle is sweet ...Abbs found this and another one ...Tags from the store still on them ...I guess they never were used ...I think some lavender water would be sweet stored inside or just filled with lavender buds ...We shall see ...






This floral papered 4 drawer cupboard ...was an exciting find yesterday ...Of course ..We pull up to this yard sale ..Abb jumps out (I drive) and I tell her go ahead I can see there is nothing there ...When she starts pointing at it ...Well I ever learn my lesson that you have to get out of the truck ..not just drive by and think you can see it all ..Well nonetheless we brought this sweet gem home and the drawers were loaded with old sewing notions ..just what we need more of ...LOL !!!





This sweet vintage pillow set is quite adorable ..You don't see such sweet pieces like these that have survived the years around too much anymore ...I can see them in a lovely pink room.





Frames ...I'm always a sucker for frames ...These will be getting a makeover too ..Time I need more time ....I have more makeover projects than time anymore ...





Oh yes and this morning we hit a garage sale ...found these sweet jewelry pieces ..I love the black and white brooch and earrings set ...they are my favorite ..









Some fun odd finds ...that will make there way into one of our projects one day down the road ...However the bottom 2 metal pieces ..I already have an idea for those ...I'm thinking spring and birds nests ...


I'm telling you there were truly more sales than one person could get too or have enough money to buy ...Look at this cute all metal cupboard ...it has great bones and is severely in need of a makeover ...which will be happening this week ...there was no way I was passing this sweetie up ...along with an antique white dresser and nightstand ..that are not pictured ..





Anyone for Architectural statuary ....Me Me me me me me me me !!!!! This piece is just perfect ..chipped ...tattered and shabby ...This piece will be headed to the show we are doing in March .... along with several other finds pictured above ...


Well I hope you enjoyed our treasure tramping adventure this week ..I know we did ...and I hate to say it ...but I'm already thinking about next week ...LOL ..isn't that how it is ..we are addicted to the hunt ..of finding the next gem ..of traveling the highways and byways ...and the love of reclaiming old treasures for new ....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well earlier in the week ..I believe it was on Wednesday ..I was getting ready to leave to go with my Parents to the hospital for Dad's tests ..and I always make sure the dogs have had some outside time ..before locking them in while we are gone. ... I guess while I was getting ready Abbey had burnt some toast and stuck it outside on a table to get the burnt smell out of the house ...And Eagle Eye Magpie ....knew right where she laid it ...

I was out in the yard ...when Maggie disappeared then re-appeared within seconds ..casually laid down in the grass ...and started chewing on something ...When I hear she took the toast ...Sure enough ..the temptation of the burnt toast had overcome her ..and how she got it I don't know ..but she made her way far enough on to that table and swiped the toast ..Literally it was so burnt to a crisp ...she had to chew on it ..so I got a few snapshots of my little burnt toast thief.



Here you can see she has quite the mouthful ...



And here she is trying to chew off another morsel ..Maggie would convice anyone she possible can that she never gets fed and that she's starving ..this Dog loves food ..and we truly have to be careful ..as she will literally eat anything she can get her sweet little lips on ...






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That Same morning before we left ...I noticed this New bloom on a rose bush we have near our arbor ...the colors were so vibrant and breathtaking ..I just had to get a close-up shot to share ...Isn't it gorgeous !!!


Well That ends my fun post for today ..I'm sure there will be more ahead ..In fact with all the rain we are getting and then warm sunshiny days in between the poppys are starting to bloom ..I imagine in the next few weeks the hills will be covered in them and look like they are on fire ..I promised some friends on the east coast I will get some pictures of them ..and I will share them with you all too !!!

I'm off ..time to get busy ...Wishing you all a Beautiful Weekend ...

Blessings ..Sara

3 comments:

  1. One word, Wow!!!
    Hope you are having a great weekend,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh girl !! I would pretty much adore having so many estate sales that I could not visit them all ~
    Maggie is adorable !!
    OBTW ~ the bubble thingie on my blog is not a tutorial ~
    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I hope you are bringing some of your treasures to the Market Place. Can't wait to meet you. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm