Friday, July 15, 2016

Finally ~ Getting Moved ...


Well it's been a while again since I last posted .. and A LOT has happened ..but I'll try and sum it up shortly.

Right before our Flossie got sick .. 3 days that is .. we were supposed to be leaving CA for MO to move. But with Flossie so ill we couldn't get on the road and leave. Finally after 2 months and Flossie doing well enough our Veterinarian gave us the go ahead to leave. And so here we are 2 weeks later in the beautiful Ozarks of Southern, MO. 

We spent the first week getting acclimated and trying to get on the new time schedule ..although that's proved to be a bit difficult .. but we are getting there. This last week we spent driving out to properties to see where they were located .. such as buried deep in the trees, down in a holler, out in the open with a view, down 25 dirt roads at the dead end ..well you get what I'm talking about. 

And finally we are headed out tomorrow to view a few houses to see if they are suited for us or we are suited for them ..LOL !

Here's one of them we are headed out to see .. All Amish built ... simply beautiful even on the inside. Just toward the top of our budget so we'll have to see if it has everything we need for home and work.


So hopefully this means... yes that we will be in a home sweet home pretty soon after a year in motels ..that will be sooooo Nice .. and of course can't wait to get back to work ... my oh my have I missed sewing and building and painting and well just plain doing what I love most. 

I'll keep y'all posted and as soon as we get a place I'll share that with you too. Keep us in your prayers that the Good Lord guides us to the right place that his hand is in it and his will be done.

In the meantime take care and come visit me on FB if you haven't already ..

https://www.facebook.com/sweetmagnoliasfarm/



Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I pray that you will find your forever home soon! I sure have missed your goodies:) I need some stuff, so I will be waiting for you to get back to work! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa .. we are looking forward to getting back to work and so thankful for those of you who have patiently waited on us... Have a Blessed weekend ..

      Delete
  2. What city/town will you be living near? Quite extreme weather compared to California. I hope you find a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that you and your parents will be settled soon, I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear you all are ok. Go with your gut and you'll know that what God wants for you. Sometimes listening to what He's telling you is hard.
    Post again I'm dying to see what you pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Barbara Ann .. we sure will .. and Yes I will post as soon as we get a place purchased and let you all in on what we bought .. Blessings ..Sara

      Delete
  5. So happy you finally are in MO. I know you will find just the right place to call home. Glad Flossie is doing so well too.
    Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you to be settled soon. I cannot wait to see you back and creating treasures too.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kris. Your Townhouse is looking wonderful by the way .. ! Blessings ..Sara

      Delete
  6. Oh such a lovely home. I hope you find the perfect spot. It sounds like a great place to live. I would love to have property and not have close by neighbors. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina... Thanks .. and Yes we too are ready to not have neighbors super close. Have lived withing 1o ft on each side of our home of neighbors for the last 10 yrs. It's time for a bit of room and fresh air and peaceful quiet. Have a lovely week... Sara

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you all are finally in the place to get settled: what a year you all have had. Hope everyone is well, I'm working on that too. I'm praying for the right place and the right timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debra, .. Yes we are finally here. If you ever want to meet up for lunch let me know. And planting those flowers still stands ..if you want some planted I would be glad to come do it for you. We are fairly near you I think. We are at the Residence Inn off National. Sending you Hugs and Blessings ..Sara

      Delete
    2. Hey Sara, yes, I think we're close!! I did get a few things planted thank goodness, just enough for me to water, but not so much to overdo it; you're so sweet to offer to help me out! I'm still in the process of trying to sort through foods and medications to see what's happening with me being dizzy every day. Love seeing your posts on places you all are looking at, please keep us posted! xoxo Debra

      Delete
  8. So glad things are looking up for you praying they continue to do so! I have missed seeing your lovely creations! And a big welcome to the Ozarks! I am in OZARK, Mo perhaps our paths may cross in one the lovely Antique Shops in the area! GOD bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina .. well that's so cool that we now live so close by to you !!! Yes as soon as we get settled we will have to meet. Have a Blessed week .. Sara

      Delete
  9. Hey, I'm in Springfield, Missouri, I'm also originally from California...are you looking near Springfield? I'm an antique and vintage junkie...lol!
    Welcome to Missouri!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Linda .. well what a small world .. !!! Yes Antique and Vintage junkies here too ! We are looking around the springfield and outlying areas. Can't wait to get a house and get moved in .. Hopefully we will meet you sometime !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you find the perfect home for everyone, including Flossie! Sounds like my kind of countryside.....dirt roads with dead ends, trees and views. Sending prayers that all goes well. x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm