Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A 2nd day enjoying the beauty of God's handiwork ....

I guess 1 day just wasn't enough for us... 

So yesterday afternoon we headed back to the Lake ...

I wanted to check out the Audobon Nature trail and see how steep and what the trail was like where it began so I could gauge what kind of shoes and pants to wear and so on. This was the beginning of the trail ... it was little steep but not too bad and the glades of rock make it perfect for walking up. It's Nature's perfect steps .... I couldn't see all the way... as the trail meanders through the beautiful trees and bushes ...but it looked beautiful and I can't wait to throw on some tennies and jeans and see what's beauty is in store for us.


These Beautiful Cone Flowers Or should I say flower .. as the others had already bloomed and faded with time ... grow everywhere here. I think these just might be echinacea .. I'll have to find out for sure ...


Another vista of the Ozark Hills surrounding the Lake.... Can you just imagine the years that these trees have grown here and covered the landscape making the air clean and giving sheltered homes to the birds, deer, squirrels and so many more. 


The Geese were out again .. this time sitting in the marsh 


And today a few deer decided to poke out into the field and graze.... We kept at a far distance as to not disturb them.. I just threw on one of my zoom lenses so I could get up close without getting up close personally and disturbing them...


Isn't she lovely .... even though we were far away ... she kept an eye on us .. thank goodness for a good camera lens that can zoom in...



The last 2 days at the Lake have been a joy .. It's such a pleasure to be able to enjoy God's handiwork.  I'm feeling rather blessed  ..!

Wishing you all a beautiful and blessed week !

P.S. .... My sweet Flossie is still doing well. She's been weaned off all but one med now .. and so far so good .. I'll get a post up about her soon !



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Sara. Looks like my kind of day! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures:). Love that cone flower. Enjoy your evening. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to being able to go and enjoy the nature around me once I am able to! Love seeing the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Such lovely pics. I can't wait to travel! I came over from some of your Fall pins.
    I wanted to invite you over to my Fabulous Fall Party. It's over here:
    http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/
    The party starts on Sept.1 you can link all your Fall Themed Posts. Old or new. The more the merrier. Let's Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos! Hope your week is going great ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm