Thursday, April 29, 2010

Olivenhain Grove Sale Tomorrow ..and my Estate Sale Find !!!

Wow ...Hi there all ...My goodness it's been such a long while since I sat down and took time to Blog ...

We have been working like crazy from Dawn to Dusk preparing all kinds of wonderful goodies for the Olivenhain Grove Sale that starts tomorrow... Wow Ziggity ...between all the normal day to day things and work too ..I have barely seen my computer as of late ..which means ..I've missed out on chatting with all my fellow blogging friends ..and Of course I haven't had time to list any new offerings as of late in our Etsy shop or our Website ..so hoping to get that started here very soon after the show is over.

If you live close to the San Marcos area ..then you ought to stop in tomorrow or Saturday between 10 and 4 and see all the wonderful offerings from the 30 + vendors that have set up. If you need directions ..the address is in my sidebar ..just mapquest it.

So I thought I would share 2 things that are headed to the show tomorrow ...

First up is this so so cute Old metal Ice Chest ..that was headed for the Ice Chest Graveyard ..LOL !!! I saved it ...and gave it a new life ...Abbs and I turned it into this wonderul Cottage Garden Planter ..Fully in Bloom with gorgeous flowers ..!



We ...Even added antique caster wheels to the bottom ..which you can't see here ..but it really makes the piece wonderful ..Add a Burlap tie in the center and some old metal letters strung on rustic curly wire inside the lid that spell out the word Garden ...and You have a sweet little Garden that puts a smile on your face.

This Cottage Garden will be available tomorrow morning at 10 sharp ..so hurry in and make it yours ..!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is this sweet old potted antique chair ...

I know potting chairs has been around a while ...however it really hasn't fallen out of style for those of us that love a cottage garden and a bit of whimsy. The chair makes such a great conversation piece ..and really adds a beautiful backdrop for your favorite flowers.




This chair comes in a lovely light aqua color ..A red Geranium falls out the side ..and is actually potted in an old galvenized bucket that has been fitted into the chair ...An old hose I painted up in white ..wraps itself around the chair ever so charmingly and an old vintage soaker end is screwed on the end for that vintage charm. ...And Lastly ..some vintage metal letters spell out the word Bliss ..because this chair truly is a bit of Bliss !!!

The potted Garden Chair will also be available tomorrow at 10 Sharp ...

******************************

Well I made the most fun find this last week at an estate sale ...In fact ..I went to the sale bought a bunch of stuff and left ...and a few hours later I ended up back at it because I realized there was some old hardware I wanted ..anyhow ..this time I took my time and started looking through some old cans of oil and spray paint ..and came across some cans that said "Sparkling Tinsel" on them.

Of course that made me curious and wondered what exactly "Sparkling Tinsel" was ..so I found a pair of old scissors and pryed the tops off ..and to my absolute delight ..my heat pitty pattered ..inside just about full to the top all 3 cans were filled with ...Antique ..."GLASS GLITTER"


























O.k. are these so cool ....!!!

So your wondering what I am going to do with them ...Well these are staying put with me ..I'm sure these are one find I probably won't happen on anytime soon again. And I have a dream of having a wonderful work room with cabinetry and shelves all laid out with my supplies ..and these would be one of those spotlight pieces that I would of course decorate with. So these will be waiting ever so patiently for that one day when my room comes along ..and maybe I'll use just a little glitter on something special for my own home.

Well ..I'm about ready to fall over ..so tired ..and yet so excited about tomorrow ..I'm looking forward to getting our shop all set up in the morning ..and greeting old friends and new friends ..and of course sending our new offerings off to new Home Sweet Homes !

Wishing you all a Beautiful Weekend ..Blessings ..Sara









5 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I am suppose to sell not shop! Every thing is so beautiful. See you in about 2 hours. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of success tomorrow; hope your weather is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with that ice chest planter...it will be gone sooooo fast!!! have lots of fun at the sale!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweet Sara,

    I hope your show goes well today and you have beautiful weather! I love your finds and how you altered them… very beautiful and creative!!! I love how you repurpose things so they can be enjoyed for many more years. I love the old cans filled with glitter!!! What an incredible find! I am so glad you are keeping those. I agree that is not something you will come across again. I have never seen anything like it. Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed weekend! Love, Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm