Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On Vacation

~ On Vacation ~
In Cambria, CA


Hello my Kindred Friends ....


I know it's been a while since I last posted or anyone has heard much from me.




About 3 weeks ago ..I suffered from a severe breakdown (Burnout). My story is a long one ..but to make it short ..I was a caretaker for many years to family ..along with that there were many other variables that created great pressures in my life. Along with the fact that I always put extreme pressures on myslef to be successful at anything I have done.




I can Thankfully say that my family is doing well now ..and that many of the pressures that were on me for many years have been alleviated ..However the build up of those years really took a toll on me ..and I wasn't aware of how it was affecting me.




I had been feeling ill for several months ..but just couldn't put my finger on what it was ..and finally everything just came tumbling down inside me.




Thankfully I am single and blessed to live with two very loving and caring parents ..who have come to my rescue ...and are loving me through all my tears and crys of the heart and ups and downs that burnout seems to bring with it.






They offered to take me on vacation ....and this last Saturday we made a spur of the moment decision and decided to drive up the CA Coast to a little town we once frequented when I was a youg girl ..(Cambria).




We have a Beautiful room overlooking the ocean ...and were blessed to find a pet friendly place ..as many of you know I have two dogs ( Maggie and Scout) and they are 13 and 15 ..and just to elderly to leave at a kennel. So they have to travel with us.




Both of them have come alive like puppies ..and are having a wonderful time ..I think they needed some time away from the same old backyard and house too.




The Picture above is the Beautiful Garden and Lawn Area at our Motel ...I have ton's of pictures I have taken and look forward to sharing with all of you ..and especially for those of you who have never experienced the Coast Line of the west.




Yes I am doing o.k. .... I still have my ups and downs each day ..but prayerfully get through them ...I know God promises that he will bring us out on the other side of things for the better ...and I am most certainly looking forward to the other side of this and what he has in store for my future. Although I feel uncertain now ..I know he will make my path straight.




Here's a shot of Me and My Maggie on Sam Simeon State Beach this week
This was Maggie's first trip to the ocean ...and she loved it ..She played in the water ..and was fascinated by the seaweed and amazingly didn't try to eat it ..She's one of those dogs that loves to eat anything and everything ..! Just before we left she enjoyed a freshly tore from the roll paper towel ..LOL !!!

Stay tuned for More picts.... I have bunches ..we went to see the Elephant Seals on Monday ...and I got some Awesome shots of them ..I can't wait to share with you !!! Plus more!

Have a Beautiful Day My Friends ..and Remember that God Loves You ..Right where you are at !

~ "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE.

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will Listen to you.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

"I will be found by you" declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 29: 11-14

4 comments:

  1. I was in the same place a few years ago, taking care of my mom who had azheimers and two little hyper boys...it was so hard and fell to me to do everything....really took a toll on me spiritually, mentally and physically and I had no one to turn to but the Lord..I am so glad God has sent your folks to help you and you are getting much needed rest and recoop.....hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the pressures and obligations of your life have not buried your spirit and joy under the weight. Bless you and your parents and keep going forward. It will all get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are with your folks and getting some rest for your soul.
    You have such a beautiful heart, and spirit and I pray with all my heart you rest in God's care and come back refreshed and renewed!
    I have to tell you your last post blessed me so much. I followed up on it and asked others to help me write WORDS describing Christ. I dont think I will ever forget your post. It blessed me SO MUCH!
    The weather of my words for SARA, are: LOVING, KIND, BEAUTIFUL, ARTISTIC, TEACHER, SINCERE, THOUGHTFUL, GODLY, FRIEND, HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY, AND DAUGHTER OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. (Those were just to name a few!)
    GOD BLESS YOU MISS SARA!
    Holykisses to Scout and Maggie!
    and to you too!!
    Lea
    <*)))><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara we're all here for you if and when you need us my friend.

    Lea how wonderful your words are to our dear Sara...I couldn't agree more.

    I do believe God is always trying to draw us closer and closer to His light. I have also been blessed by the words written here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm