Sunday, November 10, 2019

When we all get to Heaven ...



I must admit I reminisce about the past more often than maybe I ought to.  I find the older I grow my mind reaches back to the memories of my yesteryears. And as I've sat sick in bed and on the couch the last few days too exhausted feeling to do more than make it to the kitchen or the bathroom .. I've found myself remembering back to a simpler time that I thoroughly enjoyed.

And one of those memories which I've shared on many occassions is singing hymns in Church growing up. As a young girl I found them endearing and of all the music I have ever encountered in my life .. Hymns have always stuck with me. I think it's because words are very important to me. Words can make or break, Can encourage or discourage, enlighten, empower, words can be full of passion, empathy, understanding, rejoicing ....and so on .. Words are powerful...

She opens her mouth in wisdom, And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26

20 From the fruit of their mouth a person’s stomach is filled;
    with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied.
21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 18: 20 - 21






For me Hymns have great meaning wrapped in them. They speak truth.. and carry a simple straight forward heartfelt message. 

When we all get to Heaven .. I can hear the entire congregation belting this one out on Sunday morning .. it didn't matter what your age this one song brought everyone to their feet, bellowing out the words and shouting out at the end "V - I - C - T - O - R - Y" .. Each person had the joy in their heart that one day that one special day when they left this earth and entered in to heaven that it would be without a doubt a day of rejoicing in heaven.  .. 


One day we'll all rejoice together ...

In the meantime I'll rejoice here thinking about the day I get to meet Jesus face to face .. 

For now I'll enjoy the life he has blessed me with here, The gifts he has bestowed on me, The blessings he has so generously given me, The lessons he has taught me, and how thankful I am to know him as my sweet saviour.

May you all have a beautiful and Blessed Sunday and week ahead.. 
 

May our prayer this week be: 
(  lyrics from another song)


                                              Make me a servant, Humble and meek,
                                             Lord, let me lift up those who are weak,
                                          And may the prayer of my heart always be:
                                                        Make me a servant today.


 

Wishing you all
Sweet Farmhouse Blessings
Sara



 

3 comments:

  1. I love the old hymns. This one is such a blessing.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post Sara. It took me back to my home church and those hymns as well when I was little. I miss them as our praise team today are singing more and more of the new praise choruses. It makes me sad our young people will not grow up familiar with these beautiful words. Hope you have a blessed week and are feeling better soon. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouting AMEN so loud from my heart.
    My new designs are Scripture and hymns...words of life. VICTORY.
    Bless you Sara.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm