Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Custom White Wednesday & Inspiration Friday ...

It's been a Custom White Wednesday here at Sweet Magnolias Farm ..



My Most recent custom creations that we offered at our last show Glitterfest ..sparked the imagination of one of my Good customers and Friend...



She Wanted this Old Hump Back Trunk ..Distressed in a creamy aged white ...



Which I began work on today ..



AND ...

Created in the image of this Farmhouse Romance ..Custom Train Case I recently fashioned.

This Train Case was one of those "ugly Ducklings" when I happened on it and not in useable condition as it was ..those are my favorite pieces to find ..!!!



Something that has good bones but needs a new life built back into it so it can go on being enjoyed for many years to come !



I applied our Sweet Magnolias Farm Signature Farmhouse Style ...With lace Rosettes ..Vintage Sheet music ..antique lace trims ..aged seam binding ..

And an aged creamy white paint job ...

...It's crowning Glory ..an inside make-over as well ..

Finished off in authentic vintage sheet music ..

and Built in vintage linen and lace pockets ..

Adorned with scrumptious rosettes and crinkled tendrils of aged seam binding ..



A True Sweet Magnolias Farm Original ...


It is available now in our Etsy shop ..click Here



It will be a wonderful artistic journey to bring the humpback trunk to a Stunning Vintage Farmhouse Beauty ...Considering it's about 3 times larger than the old train case above ..It's sure to make a wonderful statement in her Home Sweet Home.



I already have the vision of it's design dancing in my head ..now it's time to begin applying that vision, from my head to my hands ..



************************



I'm also working on 2 more train cases that will be offered very soon ...with more "ferme romance" built in ..a little Farmhouse Romance that is built in !



If you also ever desire a custom order ..by all means feel free to contact us, we love working on custom orders !



I hope your enjoying white wednesday hosted by Faded Charm ..be sure to stop in and link up for white wednesday ..or enjoy the white wednesday posts .



And Inspiration Friday ...Hosted by Debra of Common Ground Stop in and visit all the Inspiring ideas



Until Next time ..May your days be bright and cheerful ..with a smile at your lips and happy thoughts on your mind !



Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is just so lovely, I can't even form words!!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular job on the train case ~ wow LOVE IT and the humped back trunk is lovely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sara, you've been a busy little bee. And you're about to get busier it sounds like!

    Happy WW,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh, I love a train case!! Just the perfect fun size and you've really decked it out beautifully!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there~
    What a gorgeous trunk, you really know how to make my heart race!
    Have a great week.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your train case is just beautiful!! You are SO creative!! I'm always inspired when I visit!
    Hugs, Margo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your train case, it's gorgeous.... I wanted to thank you for your comments on my recent post, your comments touched me deeply and I can't tell you how much it meant to me!
    Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so pretty!!! Do delicate and girly!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...can you imagine the fabulous things that must have once filled these vintage trunks???

    ~ why, even beautiful fresh ears of mid-west corn would be beautiful in these re-vamped cases, wrapped up in a vintage linen tablecloth, of course!:)

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, what a gorgeous trunk you created! Such talent! I've visited you before & am a follower, and was so honored to have you visit my humble blog recently. I am amazed by your treasures and only wished I lived closer to visit!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful.... Love how that creation turned out~
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sara
    My you have been productive! Wish I could say the same, I am still cleaning cupboards and probably will be for the next couple of days.
    I would love to hear what you had in mind for the clear glass in my cupboards!
    Thank you so much for your input
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Behind the Picket Fence! I love what you did with your little case.
    xo, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness...how lovely!
    Can't wait to see more of these beautiful, unique creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am swooning over all this gorgeous white!

    Love,
    LuLu*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This train case is so beautiful I can hardly stand it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful job on the train trunk. love the rossettes and all the details you added to the interior. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know if I showed it to my husband and it impressed him that it had to be fabulous!!! I love the train case...such a creative way to turn an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan! Please please show the transformed trunk with us! The new owner will be thrilled I know.
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  19. You inspire me!
    Have a blessed Easter week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment ..We love hearing from each and every one of you. We always try to get back to you .. via a reply in the comments section or back to your e-mail address if you have it enabled ...but if We don't... please know that we appreciate you leaving your thoughts.

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..Sara of Sweet Magnolia's Farm